1 Star review,

cleanerguy

Oct 6, 2008
Erie,PA
Real Name
RonRieger
What would you do if someone left you a one-star Google review if you did no work never went and looked at the job or even schedule the job.
A customer called over a week ago requesting if I wanted to come out and look at two flights of steps and a hallway my schedule is out for 3 weeks.
Since I'm rather busy I did not want to go look at two flights of steps and a hallway but they thought and I said thought that I wanted to do the job no date was set no time was set nothing so they said in the review that since I screwed up their plans on getting the carpet cleaned the I was unprofessional.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Reach out to them politely if that doesnt bring a peaceful fruition
then reach out to google

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Been there bro! I got a bad review from a lady I never even worked for... And the reason I didnt work for her was because I knew she was trouble from the word Go.... Had another guy left me a 1 star review because He was Late to our appointment for an estimate and I bailed...lol! I was right on time like I always am, rang his phone, left him a voicemail, texted him, waited around for 20 minutes and then left... Next day he leaves me a shitty review! Never even worked for him... I got him to remove it luckily but the one from the snobby lady is still there, but I responded to her stupid ass review and blocked her from my page.... People really suck...

Reactions: Ed Valentine

cleanerguy

Oct 6, 2008
Erie,PA
Real Name
RonRieger
One other thing that I should have mentioned, in her review she talks about contacting xyz company who is able to come out the day she wants. She mentioned there name twice.
It looks as if she is promoting them in the review.
I may contact Google.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I would not take it to the heart. If you have good work habits, professional and polite, I;d leave it alone. Sometime people get mixed up or are other companies just giving you a hard time with a false review. No matter what be professional and polite and move forward.

Some folks have and are PH's (player hater!)

Yeah, I said it playah haters!

I have 2 horrible reviews and both have nothing to do with me or my business.

first one claims I never showed up and that I was rude on a particular day. When I reached out to her she never responded.
Thing that was strange is that she has left another review but in south california! im in North California!

Other review claims I did not show up and the guy called to ask why the no show and they said too late they showed up and no one answered. Then they harassed the client with profanity on a Sunday,
But I never work on a Sunday!

Mixed identity is what I believe happened and I took the blame.

Horrible as it may seem

I move forward in peace cause I know that I am not that person and I have standards.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Google response "Sorry for the miscommunication, I hope xyz company did a great job for you!"

I have a one star review and people often tell me that they read my reviews and how they're impressed by the 50+ 5* reviews, except for that one crazy lady

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Yeah if anything a bad review once in a while proves you're a real business. Nobody will be satisfied 100% of the time and real people know this.

Usually my best customers are other owners as they truly understand the daily challenges.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Yeah if anything a bad review once in a while proves you're a real business. Nobody will be satisfied 100% of the time and real people know this.

Usually my best customers are other owners as they truly understand the daily challenges.
Today's online customers are far savvier than us "old fogies" are when it comes to online reviews.

They EXPECT a bad review or two from a real company, it gives them a chance to measure how you respond to it. They're not looking so much at what the complaint is - they're looking at how you handle it.

Sometimes a good professional response to a rare bad review can actually GET you a job, because they appreciated your civility, friendliness, and professionalism... and will expect to be treated the same way when they hire you.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Very true Mama. I read right through those companies who state, "Sorry we have no record of you, please remove this review" lol

Just simply give them the option to reach out and resolve the conflict, don't go into details.

As I keep telling my teenage stepdaughter, "Nobody ever thinks they are Ursula in their Little Mermaid life..."

Reactions: Mama Fen