1 Pass Cleaning vs Industry Standard Cleaning (New Video)

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Good questions, I deal with 90% commercial accounts so retention is 95%. In the world of residential (and this is only my opinion) there’s no such thing as loyalty. Because of my prices I have a few loyal customers but overwhelming most of my calls are when there’s a problem. And I can understand why. People in my market just don’t have that kind of money. And I respect that. It’s a double edge sword your known and the “most expensive guy around” first and second as the best work. I love commercial work aside from the fact the money is almost never an issue, it’s a lot more challenging. I’m not just referring to carpet cleaning. As we’re a full service janitorial company we get the gambit of cleaning.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Hacks are most likely not on TMF as they don't care about doing a great job
Good reply. Hacks aren’t up at night studying and educating themselves on how to improve always trying to up their game.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Good reply. Hacks aren’t up at night studying and educating themselves on how to improve always trying to up their game.
Agree. Many enter this field because it’s quick easy beer and cigarette money. Fortunately, once a client uses a beer money cleaner and top tier cleaners like us, they cannot go back. Still, many get fooled by prices. But in my personal experience, they always come back to quality.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Technically I buy beer with carpet cleaning money am a hac? LOL (careful!)

Andrew1986

Aug 6, 2018
Real Name
Andrew Tetyuk
Honestly as an owner operator I have no clue how you can properly do four jobs in a day. Unless there just one room. Seems to me they couldn’t be done correctly. But that’s just my opinion
I use to work for large company and my trainer did 13 jobs per day. Most jobs were done at Apartments, 3 rooms per average. He did scrub on half of them. He didn't go over with wand to dry the carpet and that is because apartments were vacant and no need for it to dry in 2 hours. But what i can tell you is that this guy was high in demand, he never left dirty carpet, he made it really clean! He would remove all spots, all stains, and spot dye if needed. But, he was working supper fast, moving fast almost never wasted any time. Everything was calculated. He had around 11 years under his belt.
This company would send him to areas where business was weak and he would bring on new customer accounts and build business in that area. Than they would send him to another area if they needed. One time I asked him, why don't he open his own company and he said that he already making $80,000 but doesn't see him self as manager or owner. He was Mexican born in Cali. Great guy. Had lots of fun working with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luky

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I use to work for large company and my trainer did 13 jobs per day. Most jobs were done at Apartments, 3 rooms per average. He did scrub on half of them. He didn't go over with wand to dry the carpet and that is because apartments were vacant and no need for it to dry in 2 hours. But what i can tell you is that this guy was high in demand, he never left dirty carpet, he made it really clean! He would remove all spots, all stains, and spot dye if needed. But, he was working supper fast, moving fast almost never wasted any time. Everything was calculated. He had around 11 years under his belt.
This company would send him to areas where business was weak and he would bring on new customer accounts and build business in that area. Than they would send him to another area if they needed. One time I asked him, why don't he open his own company and he said that he already making $80,000 but doesn't see him self as manager or owner. He was Mexican born in Cali. Great guy. Had lots of fun working with him.
My kind of guy. I believe that he's real. I know a few guys like him, hustling hard and are not interested to start their own business. Too much overhead, they say...
It comes with a slight character flaw also, they would take blanket from homeless person, so to speak.

Latest posts