1.5 vac hose

Joey33

Feb 24, 2017
Real Name
Joe oayette
hey guys.

So I've always used the full 2
Inch vacuum hose all the way to my wand. We recently purchased a van that only has the capacity to hold shortly under 200 feet of hose.

I'm he kind of guy that like be prepared, and I don't want to be caught without enough hose at a job.

I was thinking about switching the last 100 feet or so to 1.5 inch, just so I would have a little more distance, but I have never used it before. Is the suction really that much less?

Joey33

Feb 24, 2017
Real Name
Joe oayette
I know it's certainly not every day, I would say that maybe even once every week or two I would use more than 200 feet. It's nice to have it on bored the truck without having it take up a bunch of space. Allied, I'm assuming that your opposed to the idea?

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
There was a guy named Joe B that did a lot of testing on this - I may still have the results filed somewhere. Anyway, you wont get as much vacuum - which actually makes sense if you think about it.

Rather than going with a smaller hose diameter, may I suggest getting a larger reel or even hanging another 50' on a wall of the van?

Reactions: Wec and Allied

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I have used over 200' three times in the 7 years I have been in business. I would say 95% of my hose runs can be done with 100' of hose. Once in a while I go 150', and even less often 200' will do the job. On the 3 times I needed more I used the portable since at that distance you have lost so much vacuum that you are down to having less vacuum than a portable if you have a 33 blower like I do. I did connect my 1.5" hose and used duct tape when had to go over 200' with the truckmount. It was painfully slow.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
I know it's certainly not every day, I would say that maybe even once every week or two I would use more than 200 feet. It's nice to have it on bored the truck without having it take up a bunch of space. Allied, I'm assuming that your opposed to the idea?
Nope...i think you can keep 100' on a bungie and throw it in the van on the day you need it.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I'd keep the 2" for the full 200' and carry 50' (or however much you need) of 1.5" separate.

2" hose will pull a larger volume but after that extra 50 feet will likely loose a lot of strength to pull that volume. By reducing to 1.5 for the last 50' you loose some volume but maintain the strength to pull the volume you are getting. You will see a drop in water recovery either way but my thought on it is you will see a lower drop if you use 1.5" only for the last bit. Then you still have the higher recovery rates with the 2" up to 200'.

Also, if you reduce to a 1.5" from a 2" I wouldn't then try expanding back to a 2" wand. Reducing and then expanding will likely cause even more loss in water recovery.

powerhouse_cc

Feb 15, 2017
Real Name
Jeff farmer
I run 250-350 fairly regularly it does take longer to dry and do since I'm doing more dry passes but it's usually vacant apartments so it's not a factor. Buuuuut when they are occupied I let them know the longer the distance the longer the dry time. They are usually just happy that I can reach with a truckmount at all. Portables is all they normally get so it's a nice change.... if you don't use it that often then I wouldn't trip on it.