Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
What machine are you using? How do you know what your cfm is? (210-225)
Is the inlet hose connection 2” or 1.5” with a 2” adapter? Frank the 360 does no a great job extracting as it light and floats on top of the carpet instead of penetrating the carpeted surface.
360i does a great job if you use it with the brush head to penetrate the carpet surface. We have better dry times with the 360i than any wand we use including the Zipper.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Anyone have good advice and how to TRULY achieve 1-2 hour dry times? And I don't mean dry to the cleaner, I mean dry to the custy ;D big difference I've found..

I'll feel a carpet and know the difference between soaking, wet, slightly damp, and just has little moisture still..and then there's 100% dry.

My equipment with testing is showing at the end of a 100' continuous run of 2" vac hose I have 11"hg and 210-230 cfm..yes at the end of the hose not the wand..

Recovery feels good on wand and right after a wet&dry pass the carpet is only closer to slightly damp than wet..after a little bit 30mins-1hr it feels like there is just a little bit of moisture still..what I mean by this is u feel the carpet and it doesn't really feel wet but you get just a tad bit of moisture in ur hands but rub ur fingers together for a second or two and it evaporates away.. to me that's pretty good!

The only problem is the that it seems like it takes so much longer from it to go from just a little moisture to 100% dry..like another 2-4 hours ...I live in super SW Florida and it's humid as all get out..you guys up north don't even know what ur complaining about haha...so thats the major problem.

IV been using air movers and it does help but not to the point of it being dry 1-2 hrs...the thought has come up though and I'm wondering if anyone has tried rolling in a big dehumidifier throughout the duration of the job and if it made a difference and is worth it?

Also I normally do about 2-3 large overlap dry passes and I seem to pick up as much water as I can..I know a better performance machine with higher lift could suck out more...that's coming soon.

The dehu is just something I'm curious about..as I also plan on getting a pad driver for my 360i and post bonnet sometimes to extract as much as possible...what's anyones dry time experience with doing that?

Also I already encourage customers to crank down ac to suck out as much moisture in the area and keep fans on..I groom after 360i but normally don't after wand..if people rly think that'll make a difference I'll start doing it.

Not looking for a be all cure all..maybe a few things that each speed up drying by 15mins each would be great..adds up..

Thanks guys!
These will help achieve faster dry times .
IMG_7392.JPG

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
360i does a great job if you use it with the brush head to penetrate the carpet surface. We have better dry times with the 360i than any wand we use including the Zipper.
The brush surely helps. When I used the 360 on standard residential pile it took a long time to dry. Too light and the glides are not designed to penetrate but ride on top of the carpet which is why the dry times are longer. .

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
As entertaining as the bickering is I have to say it's getting old. The thread was created asking about dry times but quickly turned into a pissing contest.
I'll tell ya what I'll do- I'll create a thread in the flame room so you guys can have at it and entertain the rest of us.

Reactions: Fedri

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Anyone have good advice and how to TRULY achieve 1-2 hour dry times? And I don't mean dry to the cleaner, I mean dry to the custy ;D big difference I've found..

I'll feel a carpet and know the difference between soaking, wet, slightly damp, and just has little moisture still..and then there's 100% dry.

My equipment with testing is showing at the end of a 100' continuous run of 2" vac hose I have 11"hg and 210-230 cfm..yes at the end of the hose not the wand..

Recovery feels good on wand and right after a wet&dry pass the carpet is only closer to slightly damp than wet..after a little bit 30mins-1hr it feels like there is just a little bit of moisture still..what I mean by this is u feel the carpet and it doesn't really feel wet but you get just a tad bit of moisture in ur hands but rub ur fingers together for a second or two and it evaporates away.. to me that's pretty good!

The only problem is the that it seems like it takes so much longer from it to go from just a little moisture to 100% dry..like another 2-4 hours ...I live in super SW Florida and it's humid as all get out..you guys up north don't even know what ur complaining about haha...so thats the major problem.

IV been using air movers and it does help but not to the point of it being dry 1-2 hrs...the thought has come up though and I'm wondering if anyone has tried rolling in a big dehumidifier throughout the duration of the job and if it made a difference and is worth it?

Also I normally do about 2-3 large overlap dry passes and I seem to pick up as much water as I can..I know a better performance machine with higher lift could suck out more...that's coming soon.

The dehu is just something I'm curious about..as I also plan on getting a pad driver for my 360i and post bonnet sometimes to extract as much as possible...what's anyones dry time experience with doing that?

Also I already encourage customers to crank down ac to suck out as much moisture in the area and keep fans on..I groom after 360i but normally don't after wand..if people rly think that'll make a difference I'll start doing it.

Not looking for a be all cure all..maybe a few things that each speed up drying by 15mins each would be great..adds up..

Thanks guys!
All summer long we deal with 80 degree weather with 80% humidity here in Michigan.
I always bring their movers and put them in the second I'm done cleaning in area I also bump up the customers air conditioner.
That definitely increases the length of time it takes to dry.

But there's a lot of factors when it comes to dry time one stroke wonders (that dry pass) can definitely get fast dry times however on heavily soiled carpet that takes multiple strokes it will take longer that's all there is to it

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I have tremendous respect for Les and his equipment, he's a true pioneer in the industry. However, I know a blower will pass debris efficiently.... I'm not going to do that. I know that by replacing the blower inlet screen with a large mesh off the shelf hydroforce filter screen covered with a panty hose I pick up 30 CFM off the top, bare bones. Because letting any hair, fiber, debris to enter the tank it will eventually end up on the blower inlet screen... we filter it way above industry standards. Performance at the end of the hose run all day everyday is what matters to me and that's what counts in the first 500ft² or the last 500ft². Does your filter perform the same all day, mine does... Sun up to sun down, zero loss. Not many can claim that, but I can.

Machine specs are great, but wand specs is where we all truly live. Bro science in the driveway means nothing to me.
It is a fact that our carpet wands are a physical limitation.
That will limit the amount of cfm's that can flow through them.
think of it as a restrictor plate in NASCAR you can only get so much through the a hole or in our case a slot

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
I did not take time to read all the posts. So, I might have missed the answer to the original post hidden in their somewhere.

Air movers are helpful,but of limited value when humidity is very high. To know the value of adding a dehumidifier to the situation, I would want to know the relative humidity inside the home.

Because HWE cleaning adds so much moisture to the air, RH can be 80 to 90% in the area being cleaned even if the RH was only 40 to 50% prior to cleaning. If the humidity starts very high, cleaning pushes it even higher, then air movement is going to be very slow to remove moisture from the carpet.

What can be done.
  1. Get a small meter and check the outside and indoor RH before starting the job.
  2. When outside humidity is high, close up the home (no open doors and windows) and run the air conditioner. AC is essentially a dehumidifier. That is why you will always have condensation moisture dripping (or maybe streaming) from the AC coils.
  3. If running the AC is not enough to get the dry times where you want them, then a dehumidifier would help.
The question would be if the improvement is worth the expense and time involved. IT could very well be if you market this as an exclusive feature that only you offer.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Here's the relative humidity that I'm putting up with today lol.
Trying to get carpet to dry is a pain without AC.
Screenshot_20190703-110202_Weather~2.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190703-110202_Weather.jpg
    Screenshot_20190703-110202_Weather.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: Fedri

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
the Worxs sprayer will not over soak a carpet like the HF inline does
01's on the wand even turned up achieves faster drying times and will clean fantastic at higher psi .
dry strokes
dri pods dropping as you go from room to room .
Screenshot_20190219-191017_Firefox.jpg

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
There are people like me who are content to throw a burger or a piece of steak on the grill and hope we don't scorch it to death. As long as it's cooked to a point where no one's gonna get sick, and it hasn't been turned into shoe leather, we're happy.

Then there are folks who have taken grilling to a level of passion that calls for commitment, time, and self-improvement to the point that they argue over what size smoke ring is really best for each type or cut of meat; what kind of wood gives a better smoke; what kind of BBQ is really best for chicken... the list goes on and on.

Both of us are perfectly okay with our state, and if I choose to learn more about grilling so I can do a "better" or more "professional" job of it, I have places to go where I can do just that. And the pros will offer advice, solicited or not (because, after all, I have come to a place about grilling), to help me do a "better" job... but will also let me do my thing if that's my desire.

Do I need to draw the analogy out further, or do you catch my drift?

Reactions: lmullica and bcs

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Spend the time and do extra passes, if needed add a air mover or two. Jim wants to make it sound complicated to discourage anyone from possibly thinking it can be done.
With my first Powr Flite Machine and good technique my carpets wouldn’t take more then 6 hours to be dry.
It requires no complicated math, super expensive or heavily modified machine. It requires good technique and maybe a air mover if needed.
@Mama Fen one time you tried to call a Jim a artist because he left carpet triangles, and now a chef? Oh please. We all get you’ll defend Jim till he’s appointed a Carpet god.
A clean carpet is a clean carpet. I guarantee anyone with a brain within a year can equal or exceed Jim’s Pork Pull Carpet Cleaning if you take all the bull out of what we do.
He’s the ruler of the $15 a room guys that many think is a Dirt Sucking Demi God. He’s a guy with a Scooter who makes makes carpet cleaning sound hard to discourage new people and elevate himself in the simple world of sucking dirt.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
AZ, I get it, you don't like Jim.

That's no excuse to be rude to me.

Enough with the digs and snottery, eh? Good grief, I didn't even mention him in my post.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Hmmmm, I'm guessing there may be a formula for x amount of air creates x amount of evaporation. The more air moving the faster evaporation can take place.
Scott's suggestions where pretty good in my opinion.
So it's about operating a business and making a profit.
Some people just keep buying and selling their equipment. I'm trying NOT to do that, as it costs you money.
Do those flat fans push air into the floor? Or pull air from the floor up? Never seen one in person working.