John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
Anyone have good advice and how to TRULY achieve 1-2 hour dry times? And I don't mean dry to the cleaner, I mean dry to the custy ;D big difference I've found..

I'll feel a carpet and know the difference between soaking, wet, slightly damp, and just has little moisture still..and then there's 100% dry.

My equipment with testing is showing at the end of a 100' continuous run of 2" vac hose I have 11"hg and 210-230 cfm..yes at the end of the hose not the wand..

Recovery feels good on wand and right after a wet&dry pass the carpet is only closer to slightly damp than wet..after a little bit 30mins-1hr it feels like there is just a little bit of moisture still..what I mean by this is u feel the carpet and it doesn't really feel wet but you get just a tad bit of moisture in ur hands but rub ur fingers together for a second or two and it evaporates away.. to me that's pretty good!

The only problem is the that it seems like it takes so much longer from it to go from just a little moisture to 100% dry..like another 2-4 hours ...I live in super SW Florida and it's humid as all get out..you guys up north don't even know what ur complaining about haha...so thats the major problem.

IV been using air movers and it does help but not to the point of it being dry 1-2 hrs...the thought has come up though and I'm wondering if anyone has tried rolling in a big dehumidifier throughout the duration of the job and if it made a difference and is worth it?

Also I normally do about 2-3 large overlap dry passes and I seem to pick up as much water as I can..I know a better performance machine with higher lift could suck out more...that's coming soon.

The dehu is just something I'm curious about..as I also plan on getting a pad driver for my 360i and post bonnet sometimes to extract as much as possible...what's anyones dry time experience with doing that?

Also I already encourage customers to crank down ac to suck out as much moisture in the area and keep fans on..I groom after 360i but normally don't after wand..if people rly think that'll make a difference I'll start doing it.

Not looking for a be all cure all..maybe a few things that each speed up drying by 15mins each would be great..adds up..

Thanks guys!
What machine are you using? How do you know what your cfm is? (210-225)
Is the inlet hose connection 2” or 1.5” with a 2” adapter? Frank the 360 does no a great job extracting as it light and floats on top of the carpet instead of penetrating the carpeted surface.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Real Name
MARCUS ANDERSON
Business Location
United States
221 CFM at 15.25" Hg at average hose run with the "scooter".

A tricked out 45 blower at 100' has 240 CFM at 15" Hg what are you running at peckahead?
jim surprised you are only getting 240 cfm on your TM...
it is rated at 350 cfm and should get that with the correct HP engine....

judson had a video on a 45 blower getting 350 cfm...
i believe he had a 25-27hp kholer engine????

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
jim surprised you are only getting 240 cfm on your TM...
it is rated at 350 cfm and should get that with the correct HP engine....

judson had a video on a 45 blower getting 350 cfm...
i believe he had a 25-27hp kholer engine????

Measure at the end of the hose run like I quoted above "through the filter".

At the waste tank I can quote unrealistic numbers around 340 CFM (but that's horseshit until it hits the hose leading to the wand)... But those bullsh!t numbers don't translate to what the wand is actually getting at the floor.

Reactions: J20770 and Jimsteam

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Real Name
MARCUS ANDERSON
Business Location
United States

this is judsons spec gage on a 45 blower......
now he doesnt have a micro filter...in his tank....
which i dont have either.....
150-200' at the end of the hose.....

i agree you lose some with a wand but just at the end of the hose he is getting 370 cfm......

i will add this if a TM and a portable have the same cfm specs.....
2 airhogs = 420-440 cfm
1 -47 blower Tm = 450 cfm
a PORTABLE WILL GIVE MORE VACUUM for these reasons:
1. portable has smaller tank
2. portable has no vac release unloader..
3. portable splits up vac into 2 boosters thus putting the vacuum boosters closer to the wand....
4. also boosters can be put inside the job saving an extra 50-100'.

Last edited:

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States

i agree you lose some with a wand but just at the end of the hose he is getting 370 cfm......
I have tremendous respect for Les and his equipment, he's a true pioneer in the industry. However, I know a blower will pass debris efficiently.... I'm not going to do that. I know that by replacing the blower inlet screen with a large mesh off the shelf hydroforce filter screen covered with a panty hose I pick up 30 CFM off the top, bare bones. Because letting any hair, fiber, debris to enter the tank it will eventually end up on the blower inlet screen... we filter it way above industry standards. Performance at the end of the hose run all day everyday is what matters to me and that's what counts in the first 500ft² or the last 500ft². Does your filter perform the same all day, mine does... Sun up to sun down, zero loss. Not many can claim that, but I can.

Machine specs are great, but wand specs is where we all truly live. Bro science in the driveway means nothing to me.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Real Name
MARCUS ANDERSON
Business Location
United States
I AM gonna add this for the portable vs. TM vacuum challenge.

I am convinced after talking to a number of people and doing some of my own testing we TM guys are loosing a major amount of vacuum thru our tanks.....
especially if you use a micro filter.....

for example:
i hear AMTEX little 33 TM blower wo a tank...
i believe it is called a PROWLER
gives a really good challenger to a 45 blower TM
at least on a 50-100' hose run......

a 33 blower shows specs at - 175 cfm
a 45 blower specs at - 350 cfm

that 33 is HALF of the 45 blower cfm vacuum

more testing needs to be done but for this reason portables can gain a lot of ground on TM with less specs....

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
221 CFM at 15.25" Hg at average hose run with the "scooter".

A tricked out 45 blower at 100' has 240 CFM at 15" Hg what are you running at peckahead?

So basically it’s like running a bad inefficient old ac unit your lugging around....... amazing how much money can be made simply by actually working hard verses thinking your Bill Nye the hillbilly carpet guy.
I wonder how much more one human could make making carpet cleaning sound complicated. You seriously should actually just buy working equipment and actually clean carpet one of these days. When you buy a machine that works you’ll soon realize cleaning carpets is easy.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I AM gonna add this for the portable vs. TM vacuum challenge.

I am convinced after talking to a number of people and doing some of my own testing we TM guys are loosing a major amount of vacuum thru our tanks.....
especially if you use a micro filter.....

for example:
i hear AMTEX little 33 TM blower wo a tank...
i believe it is called a PROWLER
gives a really good challenger to a 45 blower TM
at least on a 50-100' hose run......

a 33 blower shows specs at - 175 cfm
a 45 blower specs at - 350 cfm

that 33 is HALF of the 45 blower cfm vacuum

more testing needs to be done but for this reason portables can gain a lot of ground on TM with less specs....

I'll take a 36 plumbed correctly over a 45 heat exchanger machine for dry times all day everyday.

The newer LX motors on short hose runs vs a 45 or bigger blower on long hose runs for dry times, every time... but that's just me.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens

i will add this if a TM and a portable have the same cfm specs.....
2 airhogs = 420-440 cfm
1 -47 blower Tm = 450 cfm
a PORTABLE WILL GIVE MORE VACUUM for these reasons:
1. portable has smaller tank
2. portable has no vac release unloader..
3. portable splits up vac into 2 boosters thus putting the vacuum boosters closer to the wand....
4. also boosters can be put inside the job saving an extra 50-100'.

And us with 2 airhogs have no maintenance, nothing to endlessly tinker with, nothing to have to upgrade, just go to work and enjoy. Amazing you can buy 2 machines at $3000 and a massive air mover (if) you wanted and still have plenty of $$$ to spare in comparison to a TM

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
So basically it’s like running a bad inefficient old ac unit your lugging around....... amazing how much money can be made simply by actually working hard verses thinking your Bill Nye the hillbilly carpet guy.
I wonder how much more one human could make making carpet cleaning sound complicated. You seriously should actually just buy working equipment and actually clean carpet one of these days. When you buy a machine that works you’ll soon realize cleaning carpets is easy.

Basically yes, I'm an old guy that took years of running TM's and portables, cut all the fat out and do a fantastic job, faster... That about sums it up. Thanks for pointing that out!

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Basically yes, I'm an old guy that took years of running TM's and portables, cut all the fat out and do a fantastic job, faster... That about sums it up. Thanks for pointing that out!
No problem! Glad I was able to help you! See you have potential to realize carpet cleaning is easy! We suck dirt from dirty carpets.

Reactions: Ymetimme

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens