1-2 hour Dry Times | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

1-2 hour Dry Times

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Warning - this nasty stuff is in EVERY carpet cleaning chemical you buy!

AND, to make matters worse, its presence makes dry times even more difficult to achieve. But because it's cheap, easy to produce, and has virtually no odor to alert the user to its presence, it is commonly being found in cleaning supplies, floor finishes, strippers, and even deodorizers. Guys who bring their lunch onto the jobsite may even find that it is contaminating their food if they leave it unwrapped.

Be careful out there, gents. Be very very careful.
Joking or serious?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
It's amazing how a little knowledge of science can be used to abuse public perception isn't it Mama.

Reactions: J20770

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
@DakotaG congrats on creating a thread with nearly 300 replies even though most of it isn't about what you created the thread about...
Now now Jason I have learned that I can't clean carpets in Michigan if the humidity is to high ....outside and there are a slew of marinated fish floating in the hills down south.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
See? If one tries hard enough, one can make ANYTHING sound scary!

Reactions: J20770

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Has mold ever killed anyone?
@Mama Fen
A fungus (plural: fungi or funguses) is any member of the group of eukaryotic organisms that includes microorganisms such as yeasts and molds, as well as the more familiar mushrooms. These organisms are classified as a kingdom, fungi, which is separate from the other eukaryotic life kingdoms of plants and animals.

Of these, only about 120,000 have been described, with over 8,000 species known to be detrimental to plants and at least 300 that can be pathogenic to humans

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
It's kind of like when my customers say, "Oh my god I hope it's a 1 hour dry time I don't want mold to grow!"

While that is a very multi-faceted statement, it took them 72 HOURS in LABORATORY conditions, to make mold in any significant way. So the truth is, if mold was to grow from carpet cleaning you either:

A. Already had a problem
B. Your floor was flooded for more than 3 days by the carpet cleaner

That said, I can't imagine high levels of mold is obviously healthy, but in most cases I agree it is exagerrated. I think the restoration industry also hams up the scare tactics on it as I've seen situation that weren't that bad but suddenly required $5,000 in treatment.

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
Extra dry pass is your best bet without adding anything or slower dry pass. Also check you are not losing any suction along the way, filter, filter basket... Are you emptying your basket regularly? We do after every job sometimes up to 3 per job on the nasties and we have a 49HP 59 blower and devastator filter!

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
All molds should be treated the same with respect to potential health risks and removal.

How do molds affect people?

Some people are sensitive to molds. For these people, exposure to molds can lead to symptoms such as stuffy nose, wheezing, and red or itchy eyes, or skin. Some people, such as those with allergies to molds or with asthma, may have more intense reactions. Severe reactions may occur among workers exposed to large amounts of molds in occupational settings, such as farmers working around moldy hay. Severe reactions may include fever and shortness of breath.

People with a weakened immune system, such as people receiving treatment for cancer, people who have had an organ or stem cell transplant, and people taking medicines that suppress the immune system, are more likely to get mold infections.

Exposure to mold or dampness may also lead to development of asthma in some individuals. Interventions that improve housing conditions can reduce morbidity from asthma and respiratory allergies.

Who are the people who are most at risk for health problems associated with exposure to mold?

People with allergies may be more sensitive to molds. People with immune suppression or underlying lung disease are more susceptible to fungal infections.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Welcome To Mold and Bacteria Facts…

The world of bacteria and mold is diverse.

bacteria colonies

What Are Bacteria?
Bacteria (singular bacterium) are single-cell tiny living organisms (microorganisms) - they are neither plants nor animals - they belong to a group all by themselves. Bacterial cells are so tiny that … [Read More...]

Penicillium colonies

What Are Fungi?
Fungi are living organisms. They used to be grouped together with plants but they are distantly related. They are perhaps more closely related to animals than to plants. Fungi consist of molds, yeasts … [Read more...]

What is Mold?
Mold (or mould) is a term used to refer to fungi that grow in the form of multicellular thread-like structures called hyphae. Fungi that exist as single cells are called yeasts. Some molds and yeasts … [Read more...]

Yeast

What Is Yeast?
Yeast is a microscopic fungus consisting of single oval cells that reproduce by budding. Some yeasts may form filaments (pseudohyphae, or false hyphae) similar to those formed by molds. There about … [Read more...]

Last edited:

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I wouldnt eat food with mold on it and I wouldnt live in a house where its obviously growing because I dont want to breathe it and find out if its harmful or not.

Indoor air quality is important no matter what u might read on facebook or wherever u get your info.

The harder your body works to flush out anything that shouldnt be in there the less energy it has to burn to keep you moving all day. Youll probably consistently find people with very dirty homes and poor air quality are also very low energy...