1-2 hour Dry Times | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

1-2 hour Dry Times

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Something tells me there is a limit to how much a wand can impact results and efficiency.

I too believe it is a great wand but also believe the step up will yield results that might not be in proportion to the investment.

But I am also learning everyday and my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.
My Current wand is a 1.5 and a 12" head.
I would go to a 2" with a 14" head. You may be right
That's a pretty penny for that wand for sure!

Natedavis316

Nov 16, 2016
www.miraclecleanpartners.com
Real Name
Nathaniel Davis
Business Location
United States
you need 2 air hog boosters...will give you TM vacuum

1. hook up to the garage...or front door

2. hook up to the front door or upstairs.....

you will never regret more vacuum....

most TM guys do not want to take the time to hook up a portable vac booster....
but I have turned my 15k TM into a 70k TM
with the extra 300 cfm off of the rotovac booster...

absolutely amazing vacuum......
i use it on any job over 100'......
just hook it up on the first 50' at the front door......
or on long commercial jobs.....
it will give you as much vacuum as any TM made in america...!!!!!
Hi Anderson,

Do you have the New CFX ZX?

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
My Current wand is a 1.5 and a 12" head.
I would go to a 2" with a 14" head. You may be right
That's a pretty penny for that wand for sure!
You know I tend to like a wand in my residential work. I’d love to see what you think about the devastator. My Bentley Dang Wand has really been a pleasure being so light weight. It’s crazy how much money these wands go for however. I mean $1500 for a Wand is a lot of coin! I notice no real difference in anything except it’s so much lighter then my other Dang Wand and it doesn’t chatter at all on any surface. I have noticed my new Bentley Dang Wand has one small issue. The way the Bentley uses a metal glide I’ve had excess pet hair get caught up in the teeth of the glide that’s a little hard to remove.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Wew, this thread. Turning into a bit of a shit storm.

Scott you ever tour the distillery? I have a co-worker who visits one at least once every year or two (he's part of some member club?) Always rants and raves and gets specialty bottles when he goes.
For several years, the Jack Daniels Distillery was one of my carpet cleaning customers. During late 1980s and 1990s, they would close for about 2 weeks each summer and clean the place top to bottom. Our company did all the carpet and some of the upholstery. The current janitorial service is one managed by one of my former employees.

Now that I am back in Tennessee, I toured again last weekend after not seeing the site for 16 or 17 years. They have really grown, especially in the tourism side.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
So would you use the 175 just for scrubbing before hwe?
And for encap -VCT , wood floors etc..
We use the Adjust a Glide Brush (Jon Don) on our 175 to scrub carpets prior to extraction. A 3M red pad will work but doesn't dig as deep..

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
For several years, the Jack Daniels Distillery was one of my carpet cleaning customers. During late 1980s and 1990s, they would close for about 2 weeks each summer and clean the place top to bottom. Our company did all the carpet and some of the upholstery. The current janitorial service is one managed by one of my former employees.

Now that I am back in Tennessee, I toured again last weekend after not seeing the site for 16 or 17 years. They have really grown, especially in the tourism side.
Jim Beam warehouse fire
Nearly 45,000 barrels of alcohol were destroyed in the fire.
23-mile-long alcohol plume in the Kentucky River.
Thousands of dead fish littered the Kentucky River.

water next to the building: Thousands of dead fish littered the Kentucky River on Sunday, July 7, 2019, after a massive fire.
©

Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet Thousands of dead fish littered the Kentucky River on Sunday, July 7, 2019, after a massive fire.

Last edited:
Reactions: rob allen

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
They aren't dead CC, just drunk. It's a massive conspiracy by the Kentucky government to convince us to drink less Jim Beam.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
  • Sad
Reactions: CCWorks

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
That reminds me of the millions of straws and plastic in the ocean! The trash patch is so much its the size of Texas and you can see it from outerspace!!!
Well, I have yet to see it and I have yet to find a straw in the ocean yet................MORE BS FROM THE DARK SIDE............

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Coal Ash Is a Hazardous Waste.

Coal ash, the toxic remains of coal burning in power plants, is full of chemicals that cause cancer, developmental disorders and reproductive problems. It poisons our water and kills fish and wildlife.

But despite the threat, both the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the White House have done little to protect the waters we drink from coal ash contamination.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The nation's largest public utility on Thursday agreed to dig up and remove about 12 million cubic yards (9.2 million cubic meters) of coal ash from unlined pits at a Tennessee coal-burning power plant.

The Coal Ash Problem. Presented by Earthjustice.

Hundreds of coal power plants burn over a billion tons of coal every year. Coal ash is the toxic byproduct.

Coal ash is filled with toxic levels of multiple pollutants—which can poison drinking water sources.

110 million tons of coal ash generated each year.

Enough to fill train cars stretching from the North Pole to the South Pole.

1,425 coal ash sites in 37 states.

70% of coal ash dumps are located in low-income communities.

More than 200 coal ash sites have contaminated nearby waters. Local communities use these waterways as sources of drinking water.

Coal Ash Pollutants & Health Impacts.
The Biggest Toxic Waste Spill in U.S. History.

There are 309 High and Significant Hazard Coal Ash Dams.

Last edited:

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
If I stretch my blood vessels out end to end it would reach 60,000 miles or three times around the Earth! Blood carries many pathogens harmful to other humans and other species.

We should work on making blood vessels environmentally safe.

Contact your congressmen today and support the fight to ban blood vessels!

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Coal Ash Is a Hazardous Waste.

Coal ash, the toxic remains of coal burning in power plants, is full of chemicals that cause cancer, developmental disorders and reproductive problems. It poisons our water and kills fish and wildlife.

But despite the threat, both the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the White House have done little to protect the waters we drink from coal ash contamination.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The nation's largest public utility on Thursday agreed to dig up and remove about 12 million cubic yards (9.2 million cubic meters) of coal ash from unlined pits at a Tennessee coal-burning power plant.

The Coal Ash Problem. Presented by Earthjustice.

Hundreds of coal power plants burn over a billion tons of coal every year. Coal ash is the toxic byproduct.

Coal ash is filled with toxic levels of multiple pollutants—which can poison drinking water sources.

110 million tons of coal ash generated each year.

Enough to fill train cars stretching from the North Pole to the South Pole.

1,425 coal ash sites in 37 states.

70% of coal ash dumps are located in low-income communities.

More than 200 coal ash sites have contaminated nearby waters. Local communities use these waterways as sources of drinking water.

Coal Ash Pollutants & Health Impacts.
The Biggest Toxic Waste Spill in U.S. History.

There are 309 High and Significant Hazard Coal Ash Dams.
The United states is THE LEADER in clean air and water. We are numero uno, number one!!!
We cut emissions more then any other nation on earth per year. We are number one!!!
We are a highly industrialized nation that cannot run on solar alone!!!! It will NEVER happen.
Too many people live in the USA. Far too much industry ran here.
THE DEMS HAVE WEAPONIZED THE WEATHER!!! In other words, any thunderstorm, hurricane, blizzard etc etc is all caused by man.
TOTAL NONSENSE. GOD CREATED IT AND HE WILL DESTROY IT.
THE FIRST BY WATER(THR GREAT FLOOD) AND LASTLY BY FIRE....YET TO COME....

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
batteries have acid and solar panels have loads of caustic metals. That's stuff is ok for your health??

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
If I stretch my blood vessels out end to end it would reach 60,000 miles or three times around the Earth! Blood carries many pathogens harmful to other humans and other species.

We should work on making blood vessels environmentally safe.

Contact your congressmen today and support the fight to ban blood vessels!
Remember the guy who filmed himself raising awareness about the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide? Good stuff, that.

• Haha
Reactions: J20770 and CCWorks

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Oh yes, dihydrogen monoxide has killed more people in the last 30 years than all causes combined. It's responsible for flooding, acid rain, all sorts of problems! Ban it now!

Reactions: J20770 and Mama Fen

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Warning - this nasty stuff is in EVERY carpet cleaning chemical you buy!

AND, to make matters worse, its presence makes dry times even more difficult to achieve. But because it's cheap, easy to produce, and has virtually no odor to alert the user to its presence, it is commonly being found in cleaning supplies, floor finishes, strippers, and even deodorizers. Guys who bring their lunch onto the jobsite may even find that it is contaminating their food if they leave it unwrapped.

Be careful out there, gents. Be very very careful.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: J20770