1-2 hour Dry Times | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

1-2 hour Dry Times

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Anyone have good advice and how to TRULY achieve 1-2 hour dry times? And I don't mean dry to the cleaner, I mean dry to the custy ;D big difference I've found..

I'll feel a carpet and know the difference between soaking, wet, slightly damp, and just has little moisture still..and then there's 100% dry.

My equipment with testing is showing at the end of a 100' continuous run of 2" vac hose I have 11"hg and 210-230 cfm..yes at the end of the hose not the wand..

Recovery feels good on wand and right after a wet&dry pass the carpet is only closer to slightly damp than wet..after a little bit 30mins-1hr it feels like there is just a little bit of moisture still..what I mean by this is u feel the carpet and it doesn't really feel wet but you get just a tad bit of moisture in ur hands but rub ur fingers together for a second or two and it evaporates away.. to me that's pretty good!

The only problem is the that it seems like it takes so much longer from it to go from just a little moisture to 100% dry..like another 2-4 hours ...I live in super SW Florida and it's humid as all get out..you guys up north don't even know what ur complaining about haha...so thats the major problem.

IV been using air movers and it does help but not to the point of it being dry 1-2 hrs...the thought has come up though and I'm wondering if anyone has tried rolling in a big dehumidifier throughout the duration of the job and if it made a difference and is worth it?

Also I normally do about 2-3 large overlap dry passes and I seem to pick up as much water as I can..I know a better performance machine with higher lift could suck out more...that's coming soon.

The dehu is just something I'm curious about..as I also plan on getting a pad driver for my 360i and post bonnet sometimes to extract as much as possible...what's anyones dry time experience with doing that?

Also I already encourage customers to crank down ac to suck out as much moisture in the area and keep fans on..I groom after 360i but normally don't after wand..if people rly think that'll make a difference I'll start doing it.

Not looking for a be all cure all..maybe a few things that each speed up drying by 15mins each would be great..adds up..

Thanks guys!

Reactions: Fedri

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Many times I find for me it's a combination of multiple little things.
Of course carpet type will make a difference as well.
If its humid as all get out there then your fighting a uphill battle.
You could always buy a dehumidifier if you want to spend the money.
I would say watch all your steps closely and make little adjustments to your cleaning regime.
Your cfms sounds good. I would concentrate on all the rest of your steps and just be more mindful...

Reactions: DakotaG

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Anyone have good advice and how to TRULY achieve 1-2 hour dry times?

11"hg and 210-230 cfm. your testing just might be a bit flawed

You might want to lower your expectations a little
The Brat pack has it all figured out, they don't need advice from old guys... Just affirmation that what they are doing is the nines!

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray

I'm sorry, I don't understand your point.. Are you just saying the machine is just not powerful enough? Because I get that, that's why I was asking for other advice on what I can besides simply a better machine.

Thank you.

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
The Brat pack has it all figured out, they don't need advice from old guys... Just affirmation that what they are doing is the nines!
I'm sorry, I don't understand your point.. Are you just saying the machine is just not powerful enough? Because I get that, that's why I was asking for other advice on what I can besides simply a better machine.

Thank you.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States

Thank you.
You understand my point at 23 years of age... I'm 100% sure of that. Carpet cleaning is easy and old guys make it to complicated, right!?

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
U sure are making giving some simple advice complicated..I'll give you that much lol.. Sorry I asked dude
You can shorten your hose runs Dakota. But of course you have to have the machine closer and it's more work. Trade offs for everything.
1-2 hrs dry time is not bad with the humidity you explained.
I'm not familiar with the fan they mentioned above, but I'm sure it's big, expensive and you have to be careful your not blowing the customers things around the room..

• Love
Reactions: Odin

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
problem is your going to spend 3 hours on a job trying to get the dry times your after.

You're going dig up all the old fads for fast drying like post padding. LOL

Even the guys that advertise 1-hour dry times it's just a marketing lie.

forget about the 1-hour dry times and just deliver a clean carpet

11"hg and 210-230 cfm @ 100 haha

you will have to make a few more dry passes.

I will wait for the rest of the TMF POG Mind trust to chime in

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont

That's achievable in the desert between 12 and 6 PM in the summer. No dehu or air movers needed. However if you plan on staying in Florida you do need to lower your expectations.... a lot. Do a search for dry times, maybe you'll find something.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
you need 2 air hog boosters...will give you TM vacuum

1. hook up to the garage...or front door

2. hook up to the front door or upstairs.....

you will never regret more vacuum....

most TM guys do not want to take the time to hook up a portable vac booster....
but I have turned my 15k TM into a 70k TM
with the extra 300 cfm off of the rotovac booster...

absolutely amazing vacuum......
i use it on any job over 100'......
just hook it up on the first 50' at the front door......
or on long commercial jobs.....
it will give you as much vacuum as any TM made in america...!!!!!

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The new guys think poly and nylon dry at the same rates.... Especially in humid environments, psychrometery plays no part in anything. I bought this machine and the brochure said it was rad, WTF!

Last edited:

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
My poly UnderArmour work out shirts always dry quickest.....

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
You understand my point at 23 years of age... I'm 100% sure of that. Carpet cleaning is easy and old guys make it to complicated, right!?
Finally you figured that out?! Yea it takes rocket science to clean carpet hahahahaha.