®®® Tips and Tricks!

May 21, 2016
Real Name
Tony Brown
What's the name of it? I didn't see it in the post.

What won't this stuff clean?

This has to be the safest rust Remover on the planet. This is 3 spots of rust that fels naptha removed. There were a few more in the apt. but I only took pics of these. I couldn't believe it. Thanks Rob Allen for turning us on to this. He has it for sale if you want some. I have it strapped to the wand so I don't have to carry any spotter.

Before

After

Amazing!

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Keep a bread twist tie attached to your wand. Strip a small piece of the outer cover off with your fingernail and you have a quick easy way to clean the jets when they get clogged. Although you should remove the jets to clean them, this is a fast easy way to unclog them temporarily while your on the job.
Just order a welders tip cleaning kit. Cheap on Amazon

BadMonkey

Feb 23, 2017
Real Name
Anton
Hello, everyone
I'm looking for a new vacuum for home and consider between upright and stick. Need it in the 4-room apartment. Could you advice what better to choose?

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
I would advise you to ask that question in your own thread. Or read one of the many many many threads there are already on that subject. When you ask your question in an existing thread that's called hi-jacking a thread.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Not right thread but we use ProTeam uprights

Redor

Jun 20, 2017
Real Name
Redor Smith
I have been using Whink rust remover for 15 years. About 4 bucks a pint .Its in a brown plastic container,and you can get it at most grocery stores. Best I have ever found and cheap. Trust me on this one. Rinse well after using. Avoid getting it on your skin as it is an acid but it eats up the rust

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I have been using Whink rust remover for 15 years. About 4 bucks a pint .Its in a brown plastic container,and you can get it at most grocery stores. Best I have ever found and cheap. Trust me on this one. Rinse well after using. Avoid getting it on your skin as it is an acid but it eats up the rust
Not only does it harm skin but it also permeates the bone marrow. We make a gelled rust remover. No waste, ton safer and never let me down. Just saying

Nov 11, 2016
Real Name
Howie Wallach
Haven't you ever used a hose hook (stabilizer) ?

Anyone use something different?:AddEmoticons04259:
If only fastening the water/solution line, which occasionally slips in the hose hook by itself, I use a bungee cord that i cross rap around a railing. I use a 'cheap' nylon coated bungee with coated hooks which reduces chances of leaving scratches or leave black scuff marks that you may get from heavy duty commercial black rubber bungees with incoated hooks.

I own 3 hooks.
One seems to always get misplaced, the other 2 are critical when going up a stairwell of an apartment building where you should hook hoses in a couple of places to prevent playing tug-of-war with gravity yanking hoses down stairs and for safety of others.

Haven't you ever used a hose hook (stabilizer) ?

Anyone use something different?:AddEmoticons04259:
`

Nov 11, 2016
Real Name
Howie Wallach
Binder Tip

Rick
I do the same thing with a presentation binder. I call it The Healthy Home Carpet Care Complete Guide To Professional Cleaning. I have all you have in the beginning Plus...A pic and explanation of my Truck...My 12 Step carpet cleaning with pics...my 8 step upholstery cleaning with pics...my Tile & Grout with pics...Healthy Cleaning page with explanation of the Green Cleaning we do, client testimonial sheets and Copy of my GUARANTEE.

I find that when they see my truck they want us to clean their carpets, but when they look through the book they know that we are true professionals and they have made up their minds and will accept my estimate without question.

The thing is people are so tired of the splash and dash guys that they are thrilled to pay the price for a true professional. My track record for on location estimates is 100%. As for phone estimates I don't do them. Most people don't understand my pricing until they meet me and see for themselves what I can do for them as a true professional.
The Book Idea is the greatest!!!
peace

Im pretty new in the business and felt the need to substantially grow-increase our commercial carpet cleaning. After losing my first few quotes to "what is your cost per square foot?", I put together a detailed proposal w/content on 'healthy carpet' for clients' employees, aestetics, etc., add pictures of their carpet with stains that will be extracted, pictures of my truck mount system and hoses, and detail of our multi-step process and the benefits. When I can I get a 15 minute follow meeting to discuss. Majority of the time, unfortunately, follow up is by email. Great news is, pictures speak a million words and details remove any mystery; we've been awarded the last 5 jobs--and we were the highest price on each one.

It is much easier to justify a high price with better value and position yourself as a professional, than to play the price game where everyone loses.

jeff362

May 18, 2017
Real Name
jeff courter
Fels Naptha soap works great on traffic areas oil spots it will replace half of your spotter kit it works on red stains oil spots food and drink spills and more best part its only 99 cents at walmart or rural king