Search results

  1. Renaden

    Viability of starting with a buisness loan.

    @Spazznout I understand your points but I also feel you aren't reading my posts, my intent with this post was to see if a 100k loan was viable and it's very evident that it is not, so I will certainly be taking a smaller loan. I've said I plan on working for someone (even if I have to do it for...
  2. Renaden

    Viability of starting with a buisness loan.

    @ACP Oh I'm sorry - I do 100% intend to hunt down a local cleaner or two that wouldn't mind me riding along and learning on the weekends over the next couple of months - if it's paid, great, if I have to do it for free, I'm willing to do that as well. As far as cleaning carpet, I've done a lot...
  3. Renaden

    Viability of starting with a buisness loan.

    @OxiFreshGuy That was pretty much our timeline, 1-1.5 years to build a decent customer base and 1.5-3 years to move from part-time to full time and possibly get a 2nd truck running if it's doing well and we're confident enough to run solo at that point.
  4. Renaden

    Viability of starting with a buisness loan.

    @Luky - All points well received - I'm going to get in contact with the local carpet cleaners and see if any of them wouldn't mind a spare set of hands for a couple months - even if I have to take it unpaid. Those figures your listed look solid and we'll definitely keep our eyes out for good...
  5. Renaden

    Viability of starting with a buisness loan.

    @windowcleaningdublin Fair point - the 100k figure was on the high end and even if we took a loan that large, we were only planning on spending about 60% and keeping the other 40% for expenses and repayment while things got up to speed. Would a better option be to take out a loan around 30k and...
  6. Renaden

    Viability of starting with a buisness loan.

    @gborris - Thanks - we were eyeballing the Nautilus machines as well, but our plan (if we go electric) is to try and at least have heat, so we were thinking Escape + Generator in the truck with 3 Hot Turbos (one for every 50 foot segment of solution line) and a flood hog as a vaccuum booster at...
  7. Renaden

    Viability of starting with a buisness loan.

    @MikeGaure - Thanks for that, I know it's risky - we're both buisness minded individuals and we'll get a lot of outside information and speak with our dad who has been very successful in starting small businesses before we sign anything or make a final decision. I know it's hard but we're both...
  8. Renaden

    Viability of starting with a buisness loan.

    Hi there, new member here - My brother and I have been searching around for buisnesses to start, and we've discovered that there aren't that many carpet cleaners that service our area, so I've been entertaining the idea of starting a buisness, while I don't know a -ton- on the subject, I know...