What to do when a Carpet Cleaning Job Goes Wrong

Discussion in 'General Carpet Cleaning & Upholstery Discussion' started by admin, May 9, 2008.

admin

admin Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +1,394 / 4 / -0
    Robert Allen III 'Tre'
    Business Location:
    United States
    If you have your carpets cleaned at least once a year like you are suposed to then chances are over the next 50 or so years you will come across a carpet cleaner that does not do a good job or that misses a section. Mistakes do happen. When I was cleaning I always did my best and had the least amount of call back requests out of any other cleaner in the history of the company. The point here is I still had a few call backs. It was mostly because a grease spot or two came back. This will happen. When ever oil or grease is on the carpet the spot may not come clean right away or ever for that matter.

This is beside the point. If you have an issue with your cleaner or if you feel they did not do a good job the first thing to do is not freak out. If you are nice you will get so much more out of the company. The first thing to do is detail what was misses or what you did not like about the cleaning. You should not ever expect to get your money back right away. Carpet cleaners are all too keen on people trying to take advantage of them and there are a ton of people out there who try and get a free cleaning. I know because I’ve been there. Only once you have a list of what was missed or what you did not like should you give the company a call. Remember to be very nice. Try and say something nice about the cleaner first. If they were prompt of curtious then say so first, then go into the room they missed or the job done. Say you understand that spots can come back. One thing to do if you did not like the cleaner is to ask for a manager to come out and check out the carpets themselves. This works out good because the man in charge gets to see for him or her self the job done. Most often they are the ones with the most experience and the majority of the time do the second cleaning.

Remember asking for your money back right away is not a good way to go. Even with a gurantee the company will insist on getting a second chance to clean your carpets and go out to inspect them. This is because many people do try and get a free cleaning. I will post a few stories sometime on this blog about some of mine so come back and check it out.

SOURCE = http://www.carpetcleaningcoupons.or...-do-when-a-carpet-cleaning-job-goes-wrong-30/
    Rob Allen

Rob Allen Administrator Staff Member Administrator

President
    Ratings:
    +11,589 / 32 / -0
    Robert Allen,Jr.
    Business Location:
    United States
    I ALWAYS take care of complaints ASAP! However if you explain thoroughly in the first place then most likely you will not have a problem later.
    EX:If a spot is permanant, then explain what can be done further, like a carpet patch.

Rob.
    spiffy

spiffy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well I always take care ans I will make some one of employees to check the carpets cleaned before it was delivered. I follow only one quote that is prevention is better then cure.
    TheEyeball

TheEyeball Guest

Ratings:
    +3,143 / 17 / -43
    I come back no questions ask. Most of my residential business comes from a very popular paid referral and ratings system. One bad report can be a big deal. The only time I had a bad report I redid the job and gave the customer their money back. The bad report was gone the next day.
    VCS

VCS Member

Carpet Cleaner
    Ratings:
    +32 / 1 / -0
    Keith
    Money back guarantee absolutely works best!
    aguerro

aguerro New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Adam Guerro
    well I will never make it go wrong. i will take care from the begining and I wil pass string orders to my employees if at all it goes in the wrong way then I will re-clean the carpet with 50% money back.