TMF's "Preload" prespray. My review!

Discussion in 'Chemical Ratings' started by Richard Baldwin, Nov 16, 2011.

Richard Baldwin

Richard Baldwin Premium VIP

Technician/Owner/Operator
    Ratings:
    +2,319 / 25 / -0
    Richard Baldwin
    Well I finally got a case of TMF Preload to try it out. It took me a long time to get around to it because of the expense of shipping it all the way up to Canada, but I paid the extra just so I could try it. USA residents have no idea how lucky they are when it comes to shipping costs!

Anyway, I was expecting it to be nothing more than Ultrapac with a TMF label on it, but could tell right away when I mixed it and started spraying that there was a difference. Preload is a little more "fumy" but not in an overbearing way. I didn't need to go get a respirator out of the truck or anything like that, but you could tell there is definitely solvents in it which is great for cleaning ability but does produce a vapor. Anyone with a sensitivity to vaporous fragrances or smells may not like this product for that reason. Ultrapac has a sweet fragrance compared to it but customers are not concerned with fragrance, they want cleaning results so it's all moot.

As far as cleaning ability, from what I've used it on so far I would say that it has a reasonable cleaning performance which is definitely better than Ultrapac in comparison as I consider Ultrapac to be a serious Underperformer. The preload cleaned reasonably well on both medium and heavy soiled carpet. There are better performers out there in my opinion, but most of those are powder based, so for a liquid I would say Preload works pretty good.

Easy to use, mixing is a snap when you have a courtesy hose on the truck. 45oz for a hydroforce means fill it to the line which is already on the jug of your hydroforce, this eliminates the need to get out the funnel and measuring cup, just fill to the line, top up with the courtesy hose with hot water and you are set to go, which makes it easier and faster to mix up than powders.

Cost effectiveness I would have to say not for me, but for most U.S. based carpet companies it is competitive if you prefer to use a liquid prespray. TMF offers a great shipping rate within the states which really helps, and you know that your purchase indirectly helps to support the forums as well. Unfortunately as a Canadian I get hit with huge shipping and brokerage fees so I cannot say it is cost effective for us up here so Americans rejoice!

So, bottom line I would say it is a good prespray for a liquid, and it is nice to know that the product had the input of an experienced carpet cleaner in it's design. For anyone that uses liquid prespray in the States, i would recommend this product.
    Nutstyle

Nutstyle Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +117 / 1 / -0
    Alberto Rivero
    Business Location:
    United States
    No video???!! Come on Richard!!

JK. Nice review richard, Im just waiting for a good oportunity to get a case. In what type of carpet did you try the preload?

I heard is does really good in that synthetic kinda shaggy carpet that is always a problem to get rid of traffic lanes.

Did you have a chance to use with any booster?
    Tron

Tron Well-Known Member

Supply
    Ratings:
    +5,663 / 53 / -14
    Business Location:
    United States
    I use preload every single day. It works wonderfully. Is there stronger? Yea but I like it most for a few reasons: my customers give many praises for the scent, noone has ever complained about it like Richard mentioned may be possible, it mixes SUPER easy (love that), it is vert well priced, I order it online from my bed and not wasting time driving around at work, it supports the forum that keeps me sharp, and I can add TMF or other boosters for certain applications but rarely need to.

Another thing I have tweaked in my personal routine with prespray is I don't put down as much, at first I thought 45oz was too much and I found a bit foamy, but I realized I was just putting down way too much and in turn wasting preload. I started doing just a lighter over spray on just one or two rooms at a time instead of four or six areas and making dry times slower because of the torrent of water.
    Richard Baldwin

Ratings:
    +2,319 / 25 / -0
    Richard Baldwin
    Mr Tron could not have said it any better. Although prespray application is a variable thing. The heavier the soiling, the more "ground in" the more prespray, but on a lightly soiled carpet, less prespray. If a carpet is trashed you need to get some product to it and not be afraid of getting it wet, otherwise you are also wasting prespray by applying it too light.
    • Like Like x 1
    shane deubell

shane deubell Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +8,030 / 50 / -5
    Business Location:
    United States
    I usually use grand slam by jondon and found preload to be very similar but stronger.
    never use anything too strong, i would rather agitate then use stronger detergents if possible.
    Tron

Tron Well-Known Member

Supply
    Ratings:
    +5,663 / 53 / -14
    Business Location:
    United States
    For the first time I couldn't disagree more, why would you rather work harder than let your pre spray work harder for you? I could understand if you ran a risk of ruining a floor but I don't know of any reason to fear that with preload... Explain?
    shane deubell

shane deubell Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +8,030 / 50 / -5
    Business Location:
    United States
    i wrote that wrong, preload is about the strongest we use.

Never use the really high ph cleaners meant.
    L.C

L.C Member

self employed
    Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    ludovic castronovo
    Business Location:
    United States
    i have been using it every day and really like it.. i boost it sometime with citrus or oxidizer on white carpet or those carpet with pet stains and so far i have been really impressed with the cleaning results! i also think its much better then ultra pack from prochem since its cheaper and works better..
    Dewitt

Dewitt Well-Known Member

Owner Operator
    Ratings:
    +631 / 24 / -0
    Dewitt
    Business Location:
    United States
    I just started using it over this weekend, and I must say that it definitely gives Grand Slam a run for its money under normal soiling conditions. I haven't used it on a nasty yet, so that will be the true test of it's performance (for me anyway). One thing about it is that it mixes clear in my multi-sprayer jug, and I kinda miss being able to gauge the consistency of the pres-spray after I give it a good shaking.

I was wondering..... can I mix a small amount of deodorizer in with my pre-spray, and it not interfere with the chemistry of the solution? I would hate to compromise the cleaning power just for a little smell good.

Overall.......I like it, and it looks like the four gallons I bought is going to stretch a long way.
    Mikey34

Mikey34 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +818 / 44 / -0
    mike Parkinson
    Business Location:
    United States
    I used it for the first time last night and I didn't even break out my wand it was so good.............
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Deron06

Deron06 Deron Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +5,696 / 59 / -0
    Deron Najarian
    Business Location:
    United States
    HUH? So you just pre-sprayed the carpet and went home?
    Richard Baldwin

Ratings:
    +2,319 / 25 / -0
    Richard Baldwin
    My best guess here is it's sarcasm? :)
    Mikey34

Mikey34 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +818 / 44 / -0
    mike Parkinson
    Business Location:
    United States
    Yes it was a joke, but it is good stuff. Takes out most spots including some coffee stains I had without boosting. I like it! Sorry for the confusion, just saying it is a good product.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    Mike Hanley

Mike Hanley Elite Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 21 / -0
    Mike
    Just read this review, looks like i will have to place an order soon.
    Vito

Vito Bravo Carpet and Tile Cleaning Premium VIP

Carpet Cleaner
    Ratings:
    +1,260 / 10 / -0
    Vito Trupiano
    Business Location:
    United States
    I been using it, but I am mixing it on the weak side with 32 oz in hydro sprayer, and citrus and peroxide booster. work good but I need more power, next time I will mix with 45oz and booster it with the citrus and peroxide . I do a lot of rat nasty. But the only thing I used before is chem spec and I think it has lot more power. So I used the chem spec for the upholstery work.
    Jan Sullins

Jan Sullins Well-Known Member

Semi ritired. Distributor for Carpet Cleaning equi
    Ratings:
    +753 / 4 / -0
    Jan Sullins
    Haven't been doing a lot of carpet cleaning lately but I have used 3 gallons of Preload
    and found it to be an excellent product. The cost is really quite a bit less than other
    similar Pre Sprays. Unlike Richard I think Prochem Ultra Pac trafficlean is a very good
    product but I do prefer Preload. I use in my Hydroforce usually at 1 to 32 for average soil and
    1 to 23? for the really bad situations.
    matt30577

matt30577 Premium VIP

carpet cleaning, etc.
    Ratings:
    +2,985 / 33 / -2
    matt wood
    Business Location:
    United States
    I like the product also, but, i'm a little worried about it being here all the time. I don't want to be too dependant on it. A few weeks ago, Rob's son made a statement that they had to stop selling their products due to some legal crap with their advertisers. I love this product though. I hope they got that settled and update me, please if anything's changed on the positive side.
    Mike Hanley

Mike Hanley Elite Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 21 / -0
    Mike
    who is Ron?
    matt30577

matt30577 Premium VIP

carpet cleaning, etc.
    Ratings:
    +2,985 / 33 / -2
    matt wood