Presidents?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Frank DiGi, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Frank DiGi

Frank DiGi Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +3,916 / 3 / -0
    Frank DiGi
    Business Location:
    United States
    Who would you say is or was the best President of the US for you? Your all time favorite and why?
  2. LFC

LFC Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +2,046 / 25 / -1
    Mike McNally
    Business Location:
    United Kingdom
    You have start a thread about how a law should be imposed. Then they'll come on mentioning their Presidents....honestly Frank.
  3. Spazznout

Spazznout Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +3,077 / 74 / -0
    matt terry
    Business Location:
    United States
    Lincoln

I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and cause me to tremble for safety of my country; corporations have been enthroned, an era of corruption in High Places will follow, and the Money Power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the People, until the wealth is aggregated in a few hands, and the Republic destroyed.
    ABRAHAM LINCOLN, letter to Col. William F. Elkins, Nov. 21, 1864

Lincoln took control of our currency back from the banks by issuing "Greenback"
    Greenback was money issued by the government for the good of the people with No debt attached.
    Previously, and then again after his assassination the largest banks in America have joined together to create private organizations to print and control the money of our country. The organizations were and are called; First National Bank of America, Second National Bank of America, and Now we have the Federal Reserve. These organizations all issue money with debt attached, In other words they charge interest to create the money. This in fact makes paying off the National Debt a Mathematical Impossibility. Every new dollar created to pay off the debt only creates more debt. Yes It is a trap.

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.
    Henry Ford

Another President and great thinker that preceded Lincoln.

“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.” Thomas Jefferson, Letter to the Secretary of the Treasury Albert Gallatin (1802)

President Lincoln was the only president to pay off our National debt. This was only possible because of the "Greenback"

Since Lincoln the bankers have managed to keep this battle for control off of the front page of our Newspapers and out of our school books. It is not an issue even college educated folks are aware of anymore, and this frightens me. Our last President who attempted to take back control of our currency from the bankers was JFK. He too was assassinated. He issued executive order #11110. He had ordered the treasury to print silver certificates. Thus giving the government of the US money to spend that was not under control of the bankers and had no debt attached to it. After his assassination the executive order was quickly ignored and most actions reversed.

Our country NEEDS a Lincoln now more than ever.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Spazznout

Spazznout Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +3,077 / 74 / -0
    matt terry
    Business Location:
    United States
    Edit to add to above Post.

Who ever controls the QUANTITY of money in circulation controls the government and the people.

You see LFC this is why our constitution has a 2nd amendment. Our forefathers in this country understood these perils and knew this is a battle for control that will be fought for all eternity.

For the religious crowd. Go do your research on why one of the only acts of violence portrayed in the Bible by Jesus is in the Temple against the money changers of course. Playing the same games then as our bankers do now.
  5. Spazznout

Spazznout Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +3,077 / 74 / -0
    matt terry
    Business Location:
    United States
    LFC, for your history and struggles with the very same issues surrounding money and control of it within Eangland google "Talley Sticks". Yes this is where the term, to Talley, comes from. It was in fact an attempt that actually worked for a while by your country to take control of the creation and thus quantity of money in circulation in your country back from the greedy hands of the bankers.

Who actually owns and controls the Bank of England today?
    You may find the answers shocking.
    If you have any interest that is.
  6. Dewitt

Dewitt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +658 / 24 / -0
    Dewitt
    Business Location:
    United States
    Barack Obama. Aside from his numerous achieved accomplishments in four years, his presidency has exposed much of what is good and bad in our society. America should be thankful, I know I am.
  7. LFC

LFC Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +2,046 / 25 / -1
    Mike McNally
    Business Location:
    United Kingdom
    “I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.” – Woodrow Wilson, after signing the Federal Reserve into existence

As a matter of interest just who do you think owns the Bank of England?
  8. LFC

LFC Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +2,046 / 25 / -1
    Mike McNally
    Business Location:
    United Kingdom
    OOP's

On the surface at least it seems that the Bank of England has returned to state control however in America the Federal Reserve is still a privately controlled bank. This comes as a surprise to many people who don’t know the history of the preceding US central banks that went before it but were closed down due to worries that the bankers had too much power.
  9. Spazznout

Spazznout Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +3,077 / 74 / -0
    matt terry
    Business Location:
    United States
    LFC,

favorite, prime minister, or King or Queen from your past days when your country was a monarchy?
    Why?
    Who controls your pound, and euro?
    I was trying to get you to look at this in the other thread the other day. Seems you did NOT.

Again.

Talley Sticks.

So I dont bore you with acual historical text take a look here at a summary.
    http://www.mindcontagion.org/banking/hb1694.html
  10. Spazznout

Spazznout Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +3,077 / 74 / -0
    matt terry
    Business Location:
    United States
    You need to keep looking. Your banks in fact own you. In fact it is some of the very same people and banks that own the Federal reserve.

Come off your high horse. You are more fudgeed than we are as you allowed yourselves to be disarmed.
  11. LFC

LFC Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +2,046 / 25 / -1
    Mike McNally
    Business Location:
    United Kingdom
  12. LFC

LFC Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +2,046 / 25 / -1
    Mike McNally
    Business Location:
    United Kingdom
    You don't honestly think I'm concerned about something that happened almost 370 years ago do you? I am interested in what is happening to day. It is this that will affect my life and the life of my children.

Although I do like history that is exactly what it is "history". There is no future in it.
  13. Spazznout

Spazznout Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +3,077 / 74 / -0
    matt terry
    Business Location:
    United States
    Ok,

disregard your history and how you arrived where you are today at your own peril.

If you dont know where you came from how can you ever hope to get where you are going. Its like dropping a blind man in the middle of the dessert and telling him good luck.

Perhaps you can see a little more why some of us American do in fact cling to our guns and constitution. Not trying to be an ass just trying to get you too see beyond your paradigms of reality and realize there is more to the world than you and I in fact understand.
  14. Spazznout

Spazznout Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +3,077 / 74 / -0
    matt terry
    Business Location:
    United States
    Try to think of money as the spoon in this clip from a popular blockbuster movie. ALL currencies throughout the world operate just like the spoon in this clip.

Ever hear the term full faith and credit is what backs the dollar.
    Yeah, the dollar is not really there. It is just a man made system. Who controls that system?
  15. LFC

LFC Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +2,046 / 25 / -1
    Mike McNally
    Business Location:
    United Kingdom
  16. LFC

LFC Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +2,046 / 25 / -1
    Mike McNally
    Business Location:
    United Kingdom
    The rights of people today are far different to the rights of people from years ago...just ask the black Americans.
  17. Spazznout

Spazznout Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +3,077 / 74 / -0
    matt terry
    Business Location:
    United States
    LOL

I have no delusions. I face my history AND EMBRACE it. Yet you run and jump into the arms of your masters while willfully ignoring that fact. Pointing your finger while hiding your skeletons in hopes that I wont see them is rather funny. I repeat, the Bank of England is a pseudo PRIVATELY held bank much like our Federal Reserve.
    The things you keep adding are the reasons we hold our guns and constitution tightly.

You are obtuse my degentrified, emasculated comrade.

Why do refuse to have an honest conversation, like educated grown ups? is it too scary? Does history and facts get in the way of your comfortable enslavement?
  18. Bill Yeadon

Bill Yeadon Preferred Vendor

Ratings:
    +1,420 / 3 / -0
    Bill Yeadon
    Well I agree with the choice in Lincoln but not for all those reasons. Lincoln was president in the most turbulent of times and with great personal tragedy he succeeded anyway. I loved the fact that his cabinet was made up of all his competition.

He was the most humble of all our presidents. If he had not been killed the last third of the 19th century would have been better.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. LFC

LFC Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +2,046 / 25 / -1
    Mike McNally
    Business Location:
    United Kingdom
    I don't have any masters I am a FREE Man. You're holding onto the past instead of embracing the future. We all have our own ways of dealing with life. Each to their own. The past will never change the future. We may learn from the past, so we never make those mistakes again.
  20. jaymark1

jaymark1 Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +3,521 / 24 / -0
    Jay
    Business Location:
    United States
    My favorites are Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and the first Roosevelt. Washington for his example setting presidency and humble war leadership. Adams for his effort in founding the country. Jefferson for his penmanship with the Deceleration of independence and overall brilliance. And Teddy Roosevelt for the national parks. Honorable mentions are Truman for this war and peacetime leadership, Eisenhower for his example he set during the war and showing anyone could become president. Its shame Clinton and Kennedy had to screw every doorknob they found, they could have been know for their works as well.

Obama, and Regan, Johnson, and Nixon are my least favorite.

Carter and Bush 2 name should be scrubbed from history and 10 years hard labor should follow a mention of their name.