POLL: Zipper Wand Opinions

Discussion in 'General Carpet Cleaning & Upholstery Discussion' started by Gregory Allen, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Gregory Allen

Gregory Allen Active Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Greg
    Business Location:
    United States
    We are looking at the Zipper Wand, dual head walk behind wand. The reviews on their website (www.zipperwand.com) appear pretty good, and the videos of the tool in action are impressive. Anyone out there using it, and if you have had experience with it, what is your opinion? It is pretty pricey at around $2,500, but if it performs as well as it appears to, and lasts, the cost may be justified. They claim to be able to clean much faster, leave carpets drier, and have much less back pain than traditional wands. Your thoughts?
  2. Spazznout

Spazznout Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +3,074 / 74 / -0
    matt terry
    Business Location:
    United States
    They are primarily for commercial work.
    They perform in open areas.
    You need the work to support the investment.
    If you have the sq ft locked up, it will be a good tool in your tool box to have around.
  3. Pinosan

Pinosan Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +3,320 / 16 / -0
    Martin Sanchez
    Business Location:
    United States
    I heard very good things about that wand. have never used one. I would dig around and find out what was the reason the company that
    had them produced for them did not renew the contract. One more thing I would consider is the existence of rotaries such as the mytee t rex
    that could outperform that wand. again I have never used one so it is only MPO
  4. Jimsteam

Jimsteam Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,826 / 12 / -1
    Jim
    Business Location:
    United States
    I have used one along with the inventor (Eric Hiltz.). Quality built with no moving parts or electrical cord needed like the high flow rotary's. Push froward or drag behind.
    Like Matt said more for wide open areas and the more sustained lift the better. Eric did sell the rights to be produced and sold by another company $$$$ . He now once again has control.
    Eric has attended trade shows with the Zipper b4 . ICE/Vegas in January ?
    Where you located Gregory ? Eric is located south of Detroit.
    You can find Zipper owners and feedback (good and bad) on many other forums.
  5. kelsolo

kelsolo Active Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Jeff Wheeler
    Well where do I start I have had mine for about 2 weeks now and let me tell you next to my new TM its the best tool I have ever used. I use mine in residential and its easier than the wand. It gets into tight areas better and faster. Now let me say that because it has 5 number #2 jets on it and because the way you use it you pull the trigger pretty consistent you have to have the TM that can keep up to the demand. It is a quality made tool that will last forever and make cleaning carpets both commercial and residential easier , faster and was easier on the guy behind it. Take it from me don't wait another day you wont regret it.
  6. Gasoline

Gasoline EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +2,631 / 8 / -0
    Robert Naples
    Business Location:
    United States
    Residential? Really. Wow. Are they empty apts or fully furnished obstacle course?
  7. Jimsteam

Jimsteam Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,826 / 12 / -1
    Jim
    Business Location:
    United States
    Like a high flow rotary or a 175 it "shines" in open or empty areas. Zipper will actually get closer to the walls than any rotary. Like a rotary you may need a wand to cut in some areas.
    If you don't move furniture a wand would be best over the Zipper or any rotary IMO.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013