Home Made Truck Mount

Discussion in 'General Carpet Cleaning & Upholstery Discussion' started by jwellsii, Sep 19, 2008.

1. jwellsii

jwellsii Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    John Wells
    Business Location:
    United States
    Hello All,:hi:

I was wondering if any of you have ever built a TM! If so any info:detective: on how & what you used would be very helpful. Any pix would be a plus.:help:

Thanks
    John :rockon:
  2. Elwood J

Elwood J New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I guess there will alway those who try to build a better mouse trap. Don't get me wrong, We have made great strides forward from newly invented and improved equipment, But somany think they can improve the wheel buy making it cheeper usaly fall flat. Again I said I was sorry , just my take on building your own TM after watching 28 years... There is more than enough cheap pieses of crap charging top dollar, and a lot of top dallar units that can be classified with the ones we just spoke of.. You go nuts just trying to figure it out.
  3. Nick N

Nick N Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 2 / -0
    John wells. Give me a call. The distributors, make a tm sound like its magic and has been given to us thru divine intervention. These machines are simple to build. However to build a good one will still cost aorund 8 to 15 thousand dollars. You can save some money buying used blowers nad other parts. I do not recomend it. Feel free to call me or email me. 940-642-2503.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. jwellsii

jwellsii Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    John Wells
    Business Location:
    United States
    Nick,
    Could you please send me your email address, mine is jcwfastball3@yahoo.com
    Thank you for your time & help.
  5. Ara Klujian

Ara Klujian Moderator & TMF Repair Expert Moderator

Ratings:
    +612 / 2 / -0
    ARA KLUJIAN
    Business Location:
    United States
    We have some HMTM's. I have also completely re-engineered a Steamway Machine from top to bottom. I changed everything to how I wanted it. Wiring, water pumping system, practically everything. Some of the machines out there fall short of being heaps of junk. I'm not saying Steamway makes junk, I just wanted it to operate how I thought it should. Elwood, you are definitely entitled to your own opinion. But just because it was made on an assembly line doesn't mean its better than what the average American with technical skills and knowledge can do. Nick is right it aint rocket science. 8-15 thousand dollars is a good ballpark. Right now I am actually planning on putting together a new in-plant unit. I think it will save money on fuel because it will be A/C driven motors. Can't wait!
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Jeff Ellis

Jeff Ellis Banned

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Building your own truck mount is a whole lot of fun and you can certainly learn much along the way. If you are building a TM because you think you would enjoy it than have at it. If however, you are building one in order to save money then that will be much more difficult. More than likely you will be paying full retail on all of the components as well as shipping charges or each. In the end you can still build one for less money than it would cost you to buy from the national brands but not very likely you can build one for less than what you can get it for from a small manufacturer.

Give me a call . I'll help.

Jeff
    864-278-8234
  7. Richard Baldwin

Richard Baldwin Premium VIP

Ratings:
    +2,418 / 26 / -0
    Richard Baldwin
    I was walking around a factory outlet on the weekend when I saw a 15hp motor for sale, just sitting there in a box. Couple hundred bucks I think. And I wondered to myself, as I sometimes do... If I knew how to build a simple carpet cleaning machine, I could buy that motor and make a really cool little inplant machine. I just dont have that much technical knowhoo. All I know is you need an engine, a blower, a high pressure pump with a regulator and a heat exhanger or external water heating source. If you can put them all together safely, you would have a basic TM. All the rest of the stuff is bells and whistles and safety stuff.
  8. Nick N

Nick N Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 2 / -0
    Guys email me. nellos1909@hotmail.com. I will give you guys my time free of charge. I will share what I kow and learned.

PS anyone know how to make a " at lat" I most likly do not have the correct spelling.
  9. Ara Klujian

Ara Klujian Moderator & TMF Repair Expert Moderator

Ratings:
    +612 / 2 / -0
    ARA KLUJIAN
    Business Location:
    United States
    Safety is big deal. I'm kind of parinoid, so I made my own shrowds for my pullies. I'm looking for a skull and crossbone sticker for my Timing Light. That thing can mesmerize you and make you think its ok to stick your hand in there. :detective: